Caution Advised Prolonged Use of the Mask Produces Hypoxia
Face masks have become the new normal for humankind after the Covid-19 outbreak. However, a few social media users claim prolonged use of masks cause hypoxia, oxygen deficiency in the body and fatigue.
Hypoxia is a condition in which the body or a region of the body is deprived of adequate oxygen supply at the tissue level. As per the viral claim, this can happen due to breathing exhaled air over and over again, which turns into carbon dioxide and makes us feel dizzy.
- Breathing over and over exhaled air turns into carbon dioxide, which is why we feel dizzy.
- This intoxicates the user and much more when he must move, carry out displacement actions.
- It causes discomfort, loss of reflexes and conscious thought.
- It generates great fatigue.
- In addition, oxygen deficiency causes glucose breakdown and endangered lactic acid rise.
- Some people drive their car with the mask on that is very dangerous, because, the stale air can make the driver lose consciousness.
- It is recommended to use it only if you have someone in front or very close, and it is important to remember to lift it every 10 minutes to continue feeling healthy.
- It is counterproductive for people who serve the public for 8 hours, as they are intoxicating themselves without knowing it.
That prevention does not lead you to another problem, let’s use the mask knowingly.
All lives are important. #Stay at home Stay safe.
Dr. Dennis A Castro