Scope of Electrical Safety Audit
- Reviewing Electrical System with respect to the total safety system of the location.
- Review of protection devices/ system of the Electrical installation of location.
- Examination of adequacy of Locations lightning protection system for the instrumentation/ MCC panel. Suggest recommendations/ remedial actions.
- To identify the training needs of employees of the location keeping in view the electrical system
- To review the efficacy of the earthing system of the location on the basis of IS 3043 & to suggest recommendations for improving the electrical system.
- Review the records, evaluate the test results & suggest recommendations as per applicable standards.
- Transformer oil test.
- Insulation resistance test of cables, motors, transformers & other electrical machines.
- Earth resistance test.
Methodology of Electricity Safety Audit
Evaluation of adequacy of ampacity of main cables viz. a viz. Length.
Compliance to Statutory Rules
Electrical Fire Hazards
Audit of installed meters for sufficiency & functioning.
Audit of calibration records and periodicity of calibration.
Any other process specific requirement particular to installation.
Electrical Shock/ Flash / Injury Hazards
Electrical Safety Training
Competency and Adequacy of Electrical Personnel
Electrical Accident Investigation Procedure
Importance of Electrical Safety in the Overall Safety System
Electrical Preventive Maintenance
Electrical Protection System
Electrical Single Line / Equipment Layout / Electrical Control diagram
Electro-Static (ES) Hazards and Control
PPE available viz. a viz. Requirement
Audit of work permit procedure /LOTO.
Audit of Electrical work plan procedure.