massive fire broke out at a plastic factory go down in a three-story building
KOLKATA: A massive fire broke out at a plastic factory go down in a three-story building in the Chitpur area of North Kolkata in West Bengal on Monday. According to reports, 15 fire tenders have been rushed to the spot of the accident, and fire fighting operations were underway to contain the flames.
Burning plastic waste causes air pollution … health concern because the smoke from the fire creates black carbon.
This black carbon causes suffocation.
No casualty was reported in the fire at the time of filing the report. Few people, who were trapped inside the building after the fire broke out, were shifted to safety well in time.
“The fire has been brought under control. Our personnel put in their best efforts to stop the flames from spreading to other parts of the building. They are currently trying to douse the fire pockets,” one of the sources told news agency live mint.