Some thoughts for Containment of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
CARONA virus (COVID 19) is infecting people all along with the globe. The government of India has declared it an Epidemic and to contain this virus, the Government of India taking steps. These steps are limited for public places, but what about Industries where lakhs of workers are working without any precautions. In small and medium-class factories so far precautions are not taken, due to unhygienic working conditions there is a very strong possibility of infecting a large no. of employees in the factories.
So far neither the industries nor Government bodies and industry associations are coming forward to create safe working conditions to avoid possible spread of this virus in industries. Some basic precautions that industries can take are mentioned below.
- Create awareness through billboards, morning meetings, and by screening films.
- Maintain the highest standard of Hygiene and housekeeping.
- If anyone found suffering from acute, sneezing and feeling breathlessness, refer him to Govt. Hospital for a checkup.
- Cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the label.
- No additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning is recommended at this time.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (for example, doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks) can be wiped down by employees before each use.