WHAT ARE HIGH-TOUCH SURFACES? #COVID-19
The United States’ Centres for Disease Control define certain high-touch surfaces, which need to be cleaned and disinfected frequently, especially when they are in areas frequented by healthcare Workers and patients.
- PERSONAL TRANSPORT
- ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
DISINFECTING HOUSEHOLD SURFACES
- Clean surfaces using soap and water
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Use diluted household bleach solutions if appropriate for the surface. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiry date. Unexpired household bleach Will be effective against the coronavirus when properly diluted.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleaners.
To make a bleach solution, mix:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach 70% for around four litres of water OR
- 4 teaspoons bleach for nearly a litre of water
70% Use solution with at list 70% alcohol