Electrical Safety around the House
Precaution is the key for making the home safe from Electrical Hazards
Electricity in the home should always be treated with caution and respect. These safety tips can help you and your family to be safe! If you have any questions, please contact on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put safety caps in unused socket. Children are naturally tempted to put their finger in the socket inlet.
- Repair or replace damaged or brittle electrical cords. They can cause a short, shock, or an electrical fire.
- Use electrical cords properly. Remove the cord by pulling the plug, not the cord itself. Never twist, bend, or walk on a cord.
- Keep electric appliances away from water. Make sure you and the appliance are dry and keep the appliance away from water.
- Use Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters. Ground fault circuit interrupter GFCIs prevent electric shock by interrupting the electrical supply to the outlet when a ground fault occurs.
- Be aware of electrical problems. Flickering lights may indicate a wiring problem that needs immediate repair or replacement.
- Cover all electrical outlets and wall switches with cover plates. Covers prevent any contact between you and inside wiring.
- Use the correct size (wattage) LED light in all lighting fixtures. Check to make sure the LED light is screwed securely.
- Use room heaters properly. Never use a space heater near bedding, drapes, furniture, or rugs and always unplug it when not in use.
- Keep a fire extinguisher within easy reach. Use a “C” class fire extinguisher which is safe to use on electrical fires. If one is not available, the clean agent will extinguish an electrical fire.
- In case of any electrical fire try to switch off the main switch.
- Never used damage cord, always used ISI mark cable in conduit pipe.
- Always maintained earthing, get checked time to time.
- For electrical repair work always deployed a train electrician
To make the house free from electrical incident follow the above guidelines.