What is Safety Audit?
The safety audit is the measure of the Organization’s Safety culture.
Safety audits can save an organization’s total safety and health program to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
- Show where improvements are needed and create a process and procedure by which problems can be corrected.
- Safety audit provides an in-depth review of workplace safety programs and is conducted for the purpose of health, safety, and fire hazard identification.
- In India, Safety Audit also provides an evaluation of workplace adherence to the Code of Practice on Occupational
- Safety and Health (IS – 14489) standards relating to workplace and worker safety.
- Audits may also be conducted by qualified consultants like Govt. Certified Safety Auditor.